Acknowledgement of these Terms and Conditions tracks the Barbeque that is in the temporary custody of a SUO Student Association.
All barbeque loans are for the benefit of the organization and the convenience of the Student Associations. If the barbeque is not returned in good condition or is not returned to the SUO, the SUO holds the rights to charge the Student Association responsible for replacement costs.
The barbeque is booked on a first booked, first processed basis.
The following guidelines apply to Barbeque loans to SUO Student Association:
- The barbeque is to be used for Student Association on campus activities only.
- Please note that you will need to book the physical space and have received a confirmation number for the space booking
- You will need to submit proof of approval from the RPCCommittee on a Safe Event Application Form
- There must be two signing authorities responsible for safeguarding and properly using the barbeque.
- The form must be physically signed by two student association authorized signing authorities at the SUO office.
- If the barbeque is stolen or damaged or returned late, the SUO holds the right to charge the Student Associations for any and all damages, or replacement.
- It is the responsibility of the signatory to report any damages of the barbeque immediately.
- You are required to have at least one member or volunteer with FoodSafe certification oversee the preparation of food for your BBQ event.
- A fire extinguisher must be on hand when the BBQ is in use. Fire extinguishers are available from the Campus Security Dispatch office in ADM
- The barbeque will not be removed from or used anywhere off UBCO campus.
- We agree to ensure the safety, proper transportation and cleaning of the BBQ.
- We agree to return the BBQ and propane tank to where it was stored.
- We the undersigned, agree to a $40 charge to be taken from our student association account for use of the BBQ and propane.
Please allow at least 10 business days prior to the date of your request for processing. The barbeque can only be booked for a maximum of 2 days at a time. The machine must be returned to The Well before 10:00PM on the day of the booking.
If, for whatever reason, the booking is to be cancelled, notice must be give to the SUO no less than five (5) business days prior to the event date to be eligible for a refund on the deposit charge. Cancellation within five (5) business days of the event date will not be eligible for a refund on the deposit charge.