SUO Student Association Grant Application Form
The Students’ Union Okanagan of UBC (SUO of UBC) is committed to enhancing, supporting, and improving the student experience both through academic and non-academic means. The SUO provides financial support to active student projects and initiatives.
The objectives of the Student Association Grants are:
- To enhance student experience through the SUO Student Associations
- To maintain continual financial support to the SUO Student Associations
- To encourage student involvement
In order for a Student Association to be eligible, the following criteria must be met. The SUO Finance Committee will not consider an application that does not meet the criteria.
- Must be officially registered/renewed with the SUO for the current academic year
- Must demonstrate fiscal responsibility
- Must not have outstanding financial issues
- Must be used for expenses related to events or activities hosted by SUO Student Associations, both on and off campus
- Report needs to be provided for fiscal responsibility
The following items are considered ineligible and will not be considered or reviewed by the SUO Finance Committee.
- Duplication of other services or businesses on campus
- Current hold on association funds
- Capital purchases
- Alcohol and illegal substances
- Wages, staff expenses, and honorariums
- Fundraisers or related activities directly contributing to external organizations
- Activities, operations, or fundraisers related to groups not registered under the SUO Student Associations Policy
- Events not insured through SUO
In order to be eligible to receive funding, all required documents must be completed and submitted on time. The office of the Vice President Finance and Administration will review and approve all funding requests.
- Grant Applications must be submitted to the SUO no later than ten (10) business days from the date you receive notice of registration or before the stated deadline of submission.
- The office of the VP President Finance and Administration will review all applications.
- All Student Associations that receive funding will be required to provide the VP Finance and Administration with a report at the end of each semester. Reports from first semester will be posted online and second semester funding will only be provided to Student Associations that submit their first semester report on time.
- Student Associations will receive notice of funding via their Student Association email.
Accuracy of Information
The information provided in your application must be, to the best of your knowledge, complete and accurate. Any false declaration will result in disciplinary action, which could include the probation or dissolution of your Student Association.