Eligibility criteria to be able to request an opt-out of the UBC Okanagan U-PASS.
UBC Okanagan students are automatically assessed U-PASS fee. Listed below are the eligibility criteria to be able to opt-out of the U-PASS.
Kindly note the Students’ Union can only review U-PASS opt-out requests for the current academic year. There is a deadline in September each year, as well as U-PASS opt-out requests must be submitted annually.
Students must meet one of the following U-PASS opt-out eligibility criteria in order to have the U-PASS fee reversed (documentation will also be required).
- Student with a disability which requires use of alternative transportation
- Student with a valid BC Bus Pass or registered HandyDART user
- Student who does not reside within the Regional District of Central Okanagan
- Student studying only by distance education / GoGlobal program.
Please note web-oriented courses are not classified as distance education by the University and as such, web-oriented courses are assessed regular fees.
- Student taking only one course, and is only on-campus one day per week
- Student with a valid U-PASS from another post-secondary institution
To request a U-PASS opt-out form to be sent to you, or if you have any further questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the online form here. Please note that after you submit your U-PASS opt-out request form, we will respond with a confirmation e-mail. Thank you for your patience while we process the opt-out requests.
Alternatively, for those students who can demonstrate financial hardship; have family obligations which limit the student; or live in area within the Central Okanagan Regional District where transit service is limited or not currently available, please see the Transportation Hardship Application Form. Please note that this subsidy is offered through UBC Okanagan, to assist students whom do not meet the opt-out eligibility criteria above.