The SUO recognizes that mental health and wellness have become a pressing issue for university students. Because of this, we have extended the SUO Health and Dental Plan to cover up to $1,100 annually for mental health counselling services. This coverage pays for services upfront so students are not financially burdened by seeking out help. Below are some options for discounted or free counselling options for students to utilize with their student health plan.
Third Space Charity Student Care Program
- Graduate student interns provide accessible, supportive care counselling to post-secondary students, online and in person. Sessions are provided in our offices in the Landmark District of Kelowna, and on campus at the UBCO Student Union building.
UBC Student Assistance Program (SAP)
- Available 24/7
- Choice of phone, video, or face-to-face (where available)
- Confidential and safe space to discuss your concerns
- Offered in multiple languages
- Directs you to wellness and counselling resources based on your needs
UBC Psychology Clinic
- The Psychology Clinic provides low-cost access to psychology services in a wide range of areas. We will continue to add to our services as our clinician expertise expands.